Law Enforcement Officers who steam should make a statement on their channel about whether their channel is in character or out of character during scenarios. Consistency is key, you cannot use good footage and not have bad footage held against you without a /me stating that you are changing your recording status.
I.e.: If you channel is to be used in-character, but a situation arises that is not to be recorded in character, you should do /me turns off recording device on body.
To be used in court, civilians MUST do a /me to indicate that they have started recording using a cellphone for any sort of footage to be used for IC purposes. Also, they should have their phone out as often as possible during the recording to indicate the conditions. Some exceptions apply, which will be handled on a case by case basis. Exceptions to the /me rule are areas that have noticeable cameras on the premises or the locations listed below. OUTDOOR Cameras only provide video. INDOOR Cameras provide video and audio.
The following areas have cameras, even if they are not noticeable:
- All Banks (interiors and exteriors)
- Gas Pumps and Convenience stores (interiors and exteriors)
- Police Vehicles(all sides)
- Legion Square parking, near bank(covered by exterior bank cameras).
- Hospitals and Clinics (interiors and exteriors)
- Vehicle Garages(Interiors and Exteriors)
- Clothing Stores (interiors only)
- Police Stations (interiors and exteriors)
- Prison (interiors, exteriors, and the road leading in by the guard tower)